Connect with us

The vital role of ICU teamwork at Bumrungrad International Hospital

Lifestyle

The vital role of ICU teamwork at Bumrungrad International Hospital

This post is also available in: English

Inspire is delighted to have teamed up with Expat Life magazine to bring you more great content to do with Thailand

At the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Bumrungrad International Hospital, the key to success revolves around highly skilled staff and multidisciplinary teamwork, two elements critical to successful outcomes for ICU patients. Time is a vital component of the medical care patients receive at Bumrungrad’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU), as are the international standards of care across a wide range of specialties delivered by the ICU’s team of medical professionals accredited by the American Board of Critical Care Medicine in the U.S. Additionally, the ICU is staffed 24 hours a day by multidisciplinary experts on hand to respond quickly to the multitude of situations that can occur. Our team – which consists of professionals with extensive training, expertise and experience in the effective use of medical technologies – works cohesively and communicates effectively to deliver the highest quality care for patients.

Seamless coordination

All of this means that Bumrungrad International is ready to respond to the critical needs of patients with speed and accuracy. The care we provide, at its heart, focuses on seamless coordination among our expert staff, access to advanced technologies, and maintaining the unit’s robust systems and protocols with vigilance. Such a focus ensures patients receive the most effective treatment and the best possible chance for a successful recovery. And it has enabled Bumrungrad International to stay at the forefront of critical care for many years.The ICU at Bumrungrad serves an average of 12,000-14,000 patients each year, with 5–10 new patients admitted to the ICU each day for treatment. In 2018, Thai nationals made up 52% of intensive care patients, while the remaining 48% were foreign nationals — 16% reside in Thailand and 32% travelled here for treatment. The fact that Bumrungrad’s ICU team makes patient safety its top priority, working together as one to ensure patients emerge with the best outcome from their critical situation, means the ICU is held in high regard among patients and their relatives. Their lasting impressions and experiences have helped raise the profile of the Bumrungrad ICU domestically and internationally, a quality reflected in the fact that Bumrungrad’s ICU currently receives patients transferred from over 50 partner hospitals across Thailand, as well as from hospitals in other countries.

Read more at https://expatlifeinthailand.com/health-and-beauty/the-vital-role-of-icu-teamwork-at-bumrungrad-international-hospital/

Source: Expat Life Thailand

Inspire is delighted to have teamed up with Expat Life magazine to bring you more great content to do with Thailand

Join the Inspire Events & Offers Line account… Every day, the best event/offer from each region will be sent on one message. Plus, fun polls, where you get instant access!

เพิ่มเพื่อน
Continue Reading

More in Lifestyle

Join our newsletter

รับจดหมายข่าว

The Benefits of a Thailand Elite Visa

Events

may, 2020

Trending

Sponsor


werehumans web design and SEO Pattaya

To Top
X